Get the Perfect New Smile With Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure requested by millions of Americans. In fact, a recent survey concluded that more than 80% of Americans aged 18 to 49 would like to have whiter teeth.
In recent years, the procedure has soared in popularity as people have become more and more aware that a great smile can help them make a good first impression.
Dr. Susan T. Lee and Dr. Gauri Bhagwat from Spa Dentistry in San Jose, California, understand the true importance of a dazzling smile. With years of experience, our dentist duo offers a host of cosmetic, general, and restorative dental procedures for our patients.
Read on to find out more about teeth whitening and its many benefits.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that improves your smile by removing stains from the surface of your teeth.
In-office teeth whitening is the quickest and most effective teeth whitening treatment. It takes less than 90 minutes to complete and can give you whiter teeth in a single dental visit.
Here’s how the procedure works.
- Our dentists at Spa Dentistry will seat you comfortably in the dental chair and apply a shield that protects the soft tissues in your mouth.
- Next, they will apply a strong hydrogen peroxide solution on your teeth before activating it with a special heating light.
- The solution is then rinsed off after about 15-30 minutes. Depending on the outcome, our dentists may apply a second coating of the solution to achieve the best whitening results.
- An in-office teeth whitening procedure can give you a smile that is 3 to 8 shades brighter.
What You Should Do After a Whitening Session
Our dentists at Spa Dentistry recommend that you avoid acidic or staining foods for a few days after a teeth whitening session. You should avoid drinking or eating:
- Black coffee or tea
- Curries and sauces
- Sports drinks
- Red and white wine
- Berries and other strong-colored foods
Get in touch with our dental health professionals at Spa Dentistry for any questions regarding teeth whitening. Call us at (408) 270-7723, request an appointment online, or visit our office at 2726 Aborn Rd., Ste. K, San Jose, CA 95121 to find out more about what your new smile can look like.